Chronotron is a professional audio plug-in that allows you to manipulate tempo and pitch separately, in other words, it allows you to change the tempo of music files without affecting pitch (time stretching) and/or change pitch without affecting tempo (key change).
You can use Chronotron in conjunction with Windows Media Player 11 or later during playback of most types of media, including video files.
The plug-in can also be hosted on any DirectX plug-in host application, like Sony Sound Forge or Steinberg WaveLab, to permanently change the tempo and key of your audio material. A standalone application is provided to process audio and video files without any additional software.
Chronotron was the first plug-in to deliver high quality audio in real time at reasonable scaling ratios. The Chronotron product line implements highly-tuned algorithms featuring superior performance, wider effect range and improved sound quality.
- Wide, configurable tempo range: from 12.5% to 800%!
- State-of the art algorithms offering superior quality and performance with support for virtually any sample rate and bit depth.
- Chronotron can be hosted as a DirectX plug-in on professional audio applications (e.g. Sony Sound Forge, Steinberg WaveLab).
- A standalone application allows you to process audio and video files without using any host application.
- Download YouTube videos directly from Windows Media Player!
- Real-time video playback support on Windows Media Player for a variety of video formats.
- All functions are accessible via the keyboard.
Starting with Chronotron version 4.0, you can download YouTube videos in MP4 format to your hard disk and play them at any rate
and pitch, all without leaving Windows Media Player!
The YouTube download functionality is provided by ChronoTube, a Windows Media Player plug-in that is installed automatically
when you install Chronotron
Chronotron requires Windows XP SP3 or newer Operating System.
ChronoTube works best with Windows 7 or newer Operating System.
For information on Windows XP support please check our FAQ.
Watch the video on how to use ChronoTube to download YouTube videos
Get the documentation in PDF format
Download the product